- Personal Information - In order to complete a service request or to enroll as a prospective service professional, a user must first complete a registration form. During registration a user is required to give contact information (such as name and email address). We use this information to contact the user about services on our site for which they have expressed interest, to inform service professionals of leads, and/or inform customers about service professionals they matched to. By providing this information to us, or by submitting a service request, you expressly consent to being contacted by us and by our service professionals and providers, which may include third party companies, via phone, fax, email, mail or other reasonable means, at any of your contact numbers or addresses, in order that we may provide the services set forth on our Web site, service your account, reasonably address matters pertaining to your account or for other reasonable purposes related to our business. We may also collect demographic information, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, and preferences. Information we collect may be combined with information we obtained through other services we offer. We may collect information about your visit to the Sites, including the pages you view, the links you click and other actions taken in connection with the Sites and services. We may also collect certain standard information that your browser sends to every web site you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring Web site addresses. Our Sites may also provide you with various services related to home selling and home buying (e.g., estimates of current market value of homes, moving costs, mortgage or finance costs, current home listings, neighborhood information, etc.) in these instances we may collect additional information related to the services.
Use and Disclosure of Information Collected
- Personal Information - We use the personal information collected internally to serve our users and to enhance our relationship with our users. Services may include the display of personalized content and advertising. For example, by understanding how you use the Sites from your computer, we are able to customize and personalize your experience. More specifically, we use personal information for the purposes for which it was collected (such as to provide you with the services), to anticipate and resolve problems with our Sites, to respond to customer support inquiries, and to send you periodic e-mail newsletters which may inform you of other products or services offered by Pipeline and its affiliates, to send you relevant survey invitations related to our services and for our own internal operations (including internal analysis as described below). We may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. By registering for our Sites or otherwise submitting an inquiry to us you agree to receive the materials described herein. You may unsubscribe at any time from receiving non-service related communications. You should review the following section to understand when we disclose personal information to third parties.
- Feedback and Testimonials - We collect feedback from our users about the performance of Service Professionals we referred our users to. We also collect general feedback and testimonials from users of our service and system. By providing such feedback to us, you consent to our use, publication and/or distribution of such feedback at no compensation to you, and if you are a Service Professional in our system, you acknowledge that all such testimonials are solely owned by Pipeline, and you consent to the publication of testimonials about you and your services provided.
- Log Files - Like most standard Web site servers we use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the Web site, track user's movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
- Internal company use - We will use and disclose information about you for our own internal statistical, design or operational purposes. We may also share personal information with third-party vendors who assist us in performing internal functions necessary to operate our business. We require our third party vendors to keep such information confidential and to only use the information for the purpose it was provided.
- Service Transactions - We will disclose personal information to one or more third parties, as necessary, to provide you with the services. As stated above, your personal information is forwarded to one or more third party service providers (such as real estate agents, brokers, lenders and other real estate professionals) in order to provide you with the services. Our service providers may contact you to complete the transactions you have requested by any methods available to him/her be it via e-mail, telephone, regular mail, in person visits or other means. We do not control third party service provider's use or disclosure of your personal information and are not responsible for removing your information from any third party databases. Please contact the third party service providers directly to be removed from their databases.
- Co-Branded Services - Some services may be co-branded and offered in conjunction with another company. If you register for or use such services, both Pipeline and the other company may receive information collected in conjunction with the co-branded services.
- Newsletters - If a user subscribes to our newsletters, we ask for contact information such as name and email address. We have respect for our user's privacy and we provide a way to opt-out of these communications. See the Choice and Opt-out section below.
- Service Announcements - Occasionally, it is necessary for us to send out service related announcements regarding maintenance or if service is temporarily suspended. Users may not opt-out of these announcements. These communications are not promotional in nature..
- Third Party Advertisers - We may allow third-party ad servers or ad networks to display advertisements on our Sites. Some of these ad servers may place a persistent cookie on your computer in order to recognize your computer each time they send you an online advertisement. Additionally, by registering for our Sites or otherwise submitting an inquiry to us, you consent to the possibility that we may disclose, sell, rent, loan, trade or lease any personally identifying information collected at our Sites to any third party company with which we may conduct business. Ad networks may compile information about where your computer viewed their advertisements and determine which ads are clicked on. This information allows an ad network to deliver targeted advertisements they determine will be applicable to your interests. Pipeline does not have access to the cookies that may be placed by the third-party ad networks.
- Links - As part of our service to our users we provide links to unrelated third party web sites. We are neither responsible for the content on nor for the information collection practices of such web sites. Furthermore, we do not control the privacy policies of these web sites. Policies set forth on these websites may differ than those of Pipeline and we recommend you review their privacy polices before providing any information to these third party sites.
Children's use of our site and services
- In accordance with the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 ("COPPA"), we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. Registration on the Sites and Services is not available to anyone under the age of 13.
- Our users are given the opportunity to 'opt-out' of having their information used for any of the purposes outlines within this policy. We are not responsible for any communications you may receive from a third party company, and to be removed from a third party company's database, you must contact them directly. This allows our users to choose whether to keep their email address from being added to our marketing lists. Users who no longer want to receive our newsletter and promotional communications may opt-out of receiving these communications by choosing the opt out option at the bottom of these communications, replying "unsubscribe" in the subject line or body of the email or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes and Updates to This Policy and to Pipeline Services, Products and Functionality of Web Sites
- We reserve the right to change our information, features, services, products, policies, promotions, disclosures and disclaimers at any time. Changes to this Policy will be in writing and be posted on our Web site as applicable. Please check these terms periodically for changes. At the top of the policy we indicate the date of an update. The continued use of any Pipeline services or of the applicable Pipeline affiliated web sites following the posting of changes to these terms will bind you as accepting those changes.
Real Estate Pipeline, Inc.
PO Box 7074
Missoula, MT 59807